Sunday, October 14, 2007

John Cusack conversation with Naomi Klein about The Shock Doctrine

Over the past few weeks several segments of a conversation John Cusack recently had with Naomi Klein about her new book The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism have been posted on The Huffington Post. The conversation has covered several different topics, and it's been fascinating and more than a little terrifying. Here are links to the 4 parts released so far:

Part 1: HuffPost Exclusive: My Interview with Naomi Klein (Video)

Part 2: Calling Things What They Are: More From My Conversation with Naomi Klein (Transcript)

Part 3: The Real Blackwater Scandal: Build a Frontier, You Get Cowboys (Transcript)

Part 4: The Real Blackwater Scandal: Build a Frontier, You Get Cowboys, Part II (Transcript)

I haven't yet got my hands on The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism or seen Cusack's new movie War, Inc., but I'm look forward to them both.

No comments: