Sunday, November 9, 2008

The 2008 World Series Of Poker Main Event Final Table - Finally

Today they finally play the final table of the 2008 World Series Of Poker main event. Usually of course they play it straight through in July, but this year they delayed the playing of the final table almost 4 months so that everyone doesn't already know who wins several months before it finally airs on TV. I used to always watch the WSOP coverage on ESPN, but I only watched a little of the 2006 WSOP coverage, and none of the 2007 or 2008 coverage. This is probably in part attributable to already knowing how the events play out from following the coverage online at Tao of Poker and other sites, but the main reason is that I'm simply not into poker as much I used to be. Still, I'll follow the coverage online today for sure, and probably watch the 2-hour highlights on ESPN Tuesday night.

Update (5:30 PM): It took 52 hands and over 4 hours to get the first elimination. This could be a long day. To pass the time in between updates I've been working on a sales script thing for DMI. It's been fun to work on, even though it's probably pretty dumb to read, assuming I'll even able to use it. I guess I should have made sure of that before I started.

Update (7:30 PM): 25 hands and two hours later there have been 2 more eliminations. I tested my sales script and I only had to change a few things. I had so much fun working on it, I don't care if no one likes it.

No comments: