Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Holy crap

I just visited GiveMeMyRemote.com to see if there was anything about why OfficeTally.com has been down the last few days and I was floored when I saw this:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/get-well-soon-jenna-fischer/

Get Well Soon Jenna Fischer

Give Me My Remote sends our best wishes to THE OFFICE’S Jenna Fischer who fractured her lower back in four places after falling down some stairs on Monday. According to PopCandy, Jenna’s best friend and co-star, Angela Kinsey, has been with Jenna throughout the ordeal and Jenna’s husband James Gunn has flown to New York to be with her.

Because of her injury, Jenna had to cancel her appearance last night on Conan. I saw Jenna in the early part of the evening on Monday so the fall must have happened soon after leaving the NBC Upfront party.

So from all of us here at Give Me My Remote, we wish you all the best in your speedy recovery Jenna!!

Leave your well wishes for Jenna here at GMMR and/or her MySpace page.


!!!

For the last few days I've been so excited to watch The Office season finale tomorrow night, but now I doubt I'll be able to enjoy it since one of the stars has suffered such a major injury. The first thing I thought of when I read "fractured back" was paralysis, but according to E! Online:

Jenna was hospitalized Monday night and is now resting in her hotel room until she can regain enough strength to fly home to Los Angeles. She is expected to recover in about four to six weeks.

So the bad news is she'll be in the hospital for 4-6 weeks, but the good news at least there apparently isn't any major permament damage.

It's strange to be affected so much by an injury to someone that you you only know of through a television show, but I wholeheartedly hope for Jenna to have a quick, easy, and full recovery!

No comments: