Saturday, November 24, 2007

FAIL

Well, yesterday I managed to go 22 hours without buying anything. And then, with less than 2 hours until midnight, I went to Joystiq to answer the day's question for their contest for a $5K gaming computer from Falcon Northwest. Before I could do so, however, I saw a post that Best Buy stores were selling the PC versions of BioShock and The Orange box for $25 each instead of the usual $50. While the nearest Best Buy is over 2 hours away, I checked bestbuy.com and found that the offer applied there, too, with free shipping no less, and I bought them both.

The sick thing is that I can't run either on my current PC, which is 6 1/2 years old, and if I can keep it running until Intel's Nehalem processor is released late next year, it'll be a year or so until I get to play either game.

A few weeks ago GoGamer.com had a sale on BioShock for $30, and I almost bought it then, but I figured that by the time I get a computer that could actually play it next year, the price would probably drop to less than $30 anyway, and maybe $20 or so during a sale.

Now that I've bought both games I'm in a little quandary: Do I root for my computer to fail so I can get a new computer and be able to play them, or do I keep hoping my computer continues working until Nehalem is released, knowing that I won't be able to play my new games until I get a new one?

No comments: