Friday, August 14, 2009

TV

Posted on Twitter yesterday:



My first thought was not how much I'd miss a show I loved watching these last few years, but rather that this was justice for Lennon & co. firing - by email - Wendi McLendon-Covey, Carlos Alazraqui, and Mary Birdsong. If it was a creative decision to get rid of those three then what a horrible decision. More often than not the new officers were not only not funny, but also managed to make the funny stuff the others were doing less funny. If it was budgetary, they should have kept them and just made fewer episodes. While the first 5 seasons and the movie were great, season 6 was just OK. It had some funny moments, but not nearly as many as the previous seasons.

---

I've been planning on watching the new season of Mad Men when it came back, although I didn't know exactly when that was going to be. Then the other night while browsing the latest issue from my $1 Rolling Stone subscription, when I got to the very last page I saw this:



Awesome. So I set my VCR to tape it in case I forget about it.

Then last night I saw an ad for a new Greg Giraldo stand-up special premiering at the same time. It seems like Giraldo's on Comedy Central pretty often, although usually it's for roasts, which I have no interest in. Almost all of my favorite stand-up comedians are now either dead or doing other things, so this is pretty can't miss. I checked the listings and Mad Men airs twice back to back so I think I'll watch the Giraldo special and then the Mad Men premiere.

No comments: