Sunday, June 24, 2007

OfficeTally's Banner Contest

Summer can be a boring time for television fans since there aren't any new episodes of any of the best shows (e.g., The Office, Family Guy, LOST). So we must fill our time doing other things, one of my favorite of which is contests. The most recent of which was OfficeTally's banner contest, which ended last night. OfficeTally has had a ton of great contests over the past year and a half, and this one was no exception. There were a ton of great entries, including many that looked to be professional level. I'm a novice when it comes to Photoshop (I didn't even know how to use layer masks when the contest began), but I ended up entering 8 different banners, as well as 2 alternate versions. The winner and finalists for the vote have yet to be announced, but I don't like my chances considering all the great entries. If nothing else, though, I learned a lot about Photoshop making the banners. Here are the banners I entered into the contest (click the thumbnails for the full size versions):

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And though the contest ended last night, this morning I made what I think is a big improvement to my last banner:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: