Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My 100th blog post and The Beast With A Billion Backs

It took just over a year, but this is my 100th blog post. I don't have anything special to post for this. These 100 blog posts have gotten a total of 3 comments - yay! - so here's hoping for at least 3 more comments on my posts over the coming year.

Tonight I watched the new Futurama movie The Beast With A Billion Backs. It was pretty good, although I don't think it was as good as the first Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score. There was an awesome deleted scene (storyboarded only) where it was St. Asimov Day in New New York. I wish they had included that in the movie. The DVD also included the cut scenes from the Futurama PS2 game. The cut scenes, along with a little bit of game play footage, added up to a full 30 minutes. Although the animation was crummy computer animation, the story was awesome. I think it was probably even better than the story from the movie. Plus, even though I think I remember that the reviews said the game was mediocre, from the footage it looked pretty cool. I checked online and the game is out of print now and is pretty expensive, although maybe the price of it will come down now that the cut scenes are all included on this new DVD.

No comments: