Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Office Contest, Woohoo!

A couple years ago OfficeTally had a tagline contest (link goes to cached page) which culminated with a bunch of great tags (link goes to cached page) being added to the quote randomizer for a couple weeks.

Now they're having another tagline contest: OfficeTally Tagline Contest, 2008. Unlike last time, where you could submit as many taglines as you wanted, this time you can only submit one. This makes things extra difficult since last time I think I submitted 15 taglines or so, and a few of them were selected for rotation (yay!), but the ones of mine that were picked weren't my favorites. So I'm thinking maybe I would have a better chance if I submit one that I don't like as much. Anyway, I've tried a few ideas so far and I'm having a difficult time getting them down to 60 characters or less, as most of them seem about right at 80 characters, and lose their punch below that. Here are a few of the too long taglines I've come up with so far:

If the final cylon turns out to be OfficeTally, then I guess I'm a cylon lover.

I would never say this to its face, but OfficeTally is a wonderful and incredibly useful website.

(I'll update this post as I think of more taglines, hopefully including some that are below the 60 character maximum.)

As promised, here are some more:

I would never say this to its face, but OfficeTally rules!

If Dwight is VP, OfficeTally better be Secretary of Labor.

Dwight Schrute for VP? Maybe. OfficeTally for VP? Fo sho!

Dwight as Vice President? Only if OfficeTally is President!

DunMiff/sys: You beat me. You are the superior website.

If OT ever quit and moved to Costa Rica I would kill myself.

If OfficeTally went to prison like Ryan I would kill myself.

The reason why Hank took so long to come back to let everyone out.

And here's the one I ended up submitting:

I'm not *F5* obsessed, but *F5* I am *F5* a little-sessed.

(In the original version I used addicted. That did not work well.)

Edit (6/11): I am a moron. The original quotation I based my tagline on was Michael Scott saying "I'm not superstitious, but I... I am a little-stitious." The way he always mispronounces and mangles words, I never realized that in this instance he's actually thinking about the word and substituting little in place of super to more accurately indicate his level of superstition. The episode it's from, Fun Run, aired like 9 months ago, so yeah... I'm a moron. I wonder what other obvious things I've missed over the course of the show. But I can't edit my original entry, and the rules say only one entry per person, so I guess I'm stuck with my nonsensical entry. Oh well. Anyway, here's a new tagline that expresses the same idea, except makes sense (hopefully), based on a quotation from Oscar from Gay Witch Hunt:

No. I'm *F5* not obsessed. *F5* Uh, yeah *F5* I'm obsessed.

ETA (6/13): I submitted the updated tagline. Hopefully that doesn't disqualify me.

No comments: