Sunday, June 22, 2008

Northern Attack's 2008 Summer Hiatus Contest - Week 3

I had a much more difficult time than normal deciding on which 3 entries to vote for from week 2. I had 1 favorite, and 7 that were close behind.

The prompt from Week #3: Congratulations, Nard-Wipe!

My entry:

Conference room. Everyone is sitting except for Dwight, Jim, Phyllis, Stanley, and Andy, who are standing in a line, and Michael, who is standing separately and looks really excited.

Michael: All Dunder Mifflin Scranton salespeople, please take one step forward.

A few glances are shared between them, then they begin to do so.

Michael: Not so fast, Andy!

Michael's face can barely contain his smile. Andy's face goes pale.

Michael: Anyone want to guess why?

Meredith: Because of all that damn singing?

Creed: The fish on his desk, which are going to waste?

Phyllis: Because he got engaged to one of his fellow employees, one who didn't disclose her relationship to HR?

Angela covers her eyes with her hand.

Michael: No, no, and no. It's because Dunder Mifflin is opening a branch in Ithaca, NY, and Andy is going to be the regional manager!

Andy dances obnoxiously for a moment.

Besides some groans, there is little other reaction.

Andy (Singing):
“I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through
[I am the champion], my friends”

Andy tries to high five several people, but only Michael high fives him.

Andy (TH): The late Cornell professor Carl Sagan once said, “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” I wonder what incredible thing is next for me.

Angela (TH): I've made a huge mistake.

----------

Before the contest I decided I would try to always submit my entries on Saturday or Sunday to make sure if I had a good idea in the later half of the week I wouldn't be SOL because I had already submitted my entry. The first two weeks I submitted my entry on Thursday, and got lucky only having 1 major regret, but this time I submitted my entry on Monday night and had a lot of regrets as the week went by. Still, I'm not sure if I'd have done it differently even if I could. I got an idea I liked and went with it. But I'm really going to try to hold off submitting my entry for week 4 until Saturday or Sunday.

No comments: